Friday, November 04, 2005

More Whirls & Twirls

Won and I arrived safely to NJ! Yes, we made it. Our apartment is wonderful and I am so thrilled to be here. Well, let me begin...

Our movers came an entire day later, so we didn't leave until Monday, 10/31/05. Due to Hurricane Wilma, everything was backed up. We were so upset since we didn't even get a phone call to let us know. Then, we finally made it to New Brunswick, NJ on Nov. 1st by 5pm, 30 minutes before the leasing office closed. We got our keys and settled in as much as we could. Then our close friend, John, came to visit us on the 2nd of November and is staying with us until Monday. Then, the movers came on Thursday, Novermber 3rd.
Lastly, today, MY GRANDMOTHER PASSED AWAY. I am devastated and extremely sad. But, the reality of her death still has yet to set in since I'm so exhausted and a myriad of things are running through my mind. She was so beautiful and loved JESUS whole-heartedly. Since she was 97, we were all expecting her death at any moment, but the fact that it has happened today was such a downer for me. The viewing is on Sunday and the funeral on Monday. I feel as though this might be the last straw that will lead to my emotional outpouring of utter helplessness. Funny, God truly seems to close a door in my life as He opens another.
Timing has been a theme in my life and surely, God works in mysterious ways (but sovereignly). Pray for me and I have been meditating on the song lyrics "Blessed be Your Name" by Matt Redman, which is also chapter in Ecclesiates.
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name
Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
Every blessing you pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
Every blessing you pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord Blessed be your name
On a side note, my sister, Stephanie, really wanted to celebrate Halloween with Jaden, so she and Eddie bought this pumpkin costume. Jaden really does look absolutely precious.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. What a loss. I'm so glad you're getting settled in. We miss you guys so much. I'm in D.C. for a young women's conference this weekend and am looking forward to going home tonight. love you! cara

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline. I'm so glad you arrived safely and are settling in. I am thinking of you and praying for you especially in this sad time w/ your Grandmother passing away. It is wonderful to hear that she loved Jesus. We miss you here already. love you! Katie

Hydro74Girl said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. jaden looks so cute in the pumkin costume! love you and miss you

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful girl-
I'm so happy you guys arrived safe and sound. Grieve for you grandmother, but remember she's gone to be with the one who promises no more tears or pain. How awesome is that! She probably danced the whole way there. By the way, the orlando metro area has declared a crisis due to the depopulation of the asian community. I love you guys, give Jaden kisses for me - Christina

Mommynurse said...

Caroline, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Even when it's expected and you know she's in a better place, it is still hard. We will be praying for you and your family.

I'm glad you are settling into New Jersey-we miss you.

mommy zabs said...

hey girl, I didn't even know you had blogged till today. So much for RSS feeds alerting me! I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. I'm glad you are home though during this time. Love you and miss you!
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

hey caroline its hannah. i just wanted to say i'm so sorry for the loss of your grandmother but it seems like she has lived an awesome and full life and i hope you and your family will find a lot of joy in that, and comfort in knowing that she is free with the Lord now.

i'm glad you guys are back in jersey w00t! welcome back =D

Anonymous said...

Caroline!!!

Wuz up?!?!? Glad to hear you guys are coming back to Jersey. Next time Dave Han is down, we should all visit you guys including Bob. We are all doing quite well and excited to hear the good news.

Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

jaden's picture in the pumpkin suit has an uncanny resemblance to me. Especially the midsection area ...

MayaStrang said...

glad you guys got up there safely. is there snow yet or is it too soon for that? (i'm such a floridian)

sorry about the passing of your grandmother.

we are praying for you.

keep us informed! :)