Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ready, Set, GO!! Winter's here!!!

Well, I can't believe it's going to be December soon! Yeah, Christmas is around the corner! The weather here has been just amazing. Cool, cold and sunny. It's a little warmer today, but beautiful! I'm not up to much...but I'm thoroughly enjoying spending time with my friends and family. We had a ton to catch up on!

I'm really trying to get my spiritual walk in order. Finding time for yourself is difficult, let alone finding time with God! It seems impossible! Being a mom has truly challenged me to the core. I see God doing some miraculous work in my heart regarding past issues, and etc. He's softening me---my spirit, my heart---many people mistake that I'm shy or I'm passive b/c I'm quiet and reserved, but deep inside, I'm really not those things... my nature is just cautious and critical. But God's working...

Sunday nights are my favorite time to watch TV b/c of two shows---Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. I love the show Desperate Housewives b/c I sense a deep relation/connection to the four women.

Lynette is my personal favorite b/c I relate to her the most. Like her, I have a deep longing to be part of a company and having a career and much of my image build-up is work. I enjoy the hard work, the meetings, the adrenaline, the accomplishment of goals, the promotions, the teamwork, and etc. But deep inside, there's a softness and care about her and I know it's due to being a mom who adores her kids.

Susan...what can I say, but that she's an emotional mess. I AM AN EMOTIONAL MESS. Women are emotional! Yes, I am a woman!

Gabrielle is hilarious. I have the same superficial materialistic tendencies as she does. I'm not saying that I need to spend a fortune on an Aston-Martin, but I love fashion, some luxuries and of course, exotic vacations. I grew up near NYC and the NorthEast society thrives on high end fashion and luxuries. I'm a product of that image...but God has changed me! Thank you! To be honest, I enjoy splurging a little! (God knows this and has done an amazing job instilling wisdom, maturity, and character in me)

Bree is outwardly everything I want to be. Proper, sophisticated, and PERFECT. Everything move she makes, everything she touches is with utter perfection. She has a inner life full of fears compounded with grief, disappointments coupled with anger, and expectations that fail her. She's not in control the fragility of being human is so evident in her inner life. I too am like her.

Just some thoughts...

Anyways, here are some new pics of little Jaden!

4 comments:

mommy zabs said...

All very true. I love Sunday Night tv too. ESP! housewives. It is funny how much truth there is to be found in that show... yet so many christians write it off as so bad. It is actually cleaner than most stuff on TV!

I love you and miss you. I'm so glad you are where you belong.
LOve,
Elizabeth

Hydro74Girl said...

those pictures of jaden are just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Bree has OCD, would never want to be her. Will be prayin for ya lovey. If you need time alone, call and I will rearrange my shedule, so you can have it. mwah.jcm.

MayaStrang said...

hey caroline. we never got to hang out too much while you were down here, but i do miss you. not having the option to hang out stinks. :) i am so glad you are loving it up there. jaden is so cute in those pictures.

i too love sunday night tv. i am totally into grays anatomy. it's just great.

its great that you are bloggin. i love to read them. now i just need to start bloggin too. :)