Sunday, February 12, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

So, it's been quite a crazy weekend so far. Yesterday, we woke up to an apartment with no running water. What a surprise! There is construction happening on route 18 right near our place and it turns out they broke two water mains in New Brunswick! We had to go to a good friend's wedding yesterday, so I had to run out and go over to my friend's place to take a shower. It was so cold and I had to rush. I hate being rushed in the morning. It really doesn't help me pace the rest of the day. Well, I realize how many things we take for granted in life. This year God has been really tugging at my heart to learn how to be thankful and grateful for every thing, situation, pain and experience. I read this quote by Aristotle in college, and it writes..." Do you know what soon grows old? Gratefulness." This statement rings so true in life. We take things for granted even friends and family at times! Having majored in English, I've read a myriad of literary writings from novels to short stories, to essays to plays. I loved reading and studying these works b/c it taught me so much about life, reality, and pain. Even through my times of growth, I was able to pull out many emotions and at times even put my feelings into writing and understanding. The Bible is God-breathed and I firmly believe that it is the core manual for my life. In addition to reading and studying it, we also need the Holy Spirit to move our hearts. Now thinking back on the past 2 years, I haven't let God move me through the Spirit as much as the teaching. I'm really trusting that God will revive me again and let all the teachings move down to my heart and to let it pour out onto others!

Okay, enough rambling, to be honest, I have a difficult time assessing how much to share on blogs. I'll try to be more open. Anyways, my sister and Eddie came down to babysit Jaden while we are at the wedding. Congrats to Irene and Edgar! They looked radiant! God's Spirit and love filled the room! The reception was so hip at Nova Terra and I ate like a pig since I didn't have any breakfast! The food was so good.

It started to snow around 5 pm on Saturday, and we've been inside since then. Right now, it is absolutely beautiful outside with it being crystal clear and pearly white! We have 20 inches of snow and it's still snowing and windy. The winds are 35 mph and the wind chill is 7 degrees. Church is cancelled today and we are having church televisedily!

Hope the snow will end soon so we can go sledding and have snow ball fights! Btw, we have running water! Praise God!

3 comments:

mommy zabs said...

wow so much snow how fun!
thanks for sharing i love t when you do!

Kyle said...

totally jealous. I WANT SOME SNOW!

Glad to hear that you guys are enjoying your new life in Jersey. We miss you though.

Mommynurse said...

I'm thankful for you. Your comment on thankfulness is so true. I'm glad that you are opening up on your blog-it gives us readers a little bit more insight as to what is really going on in the life of Caroline Kim. Love ya!